MUSEUM OF LOCAL HISTORY 1862
Open by Appointment Only
The Christ Church was built in 1862 and listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The congregation was founded in 1842, one of the oldest in Washington County, and the oldest in Germantown, by settlers from the Hunsruck area of Germany
It was called Evangelisch Christus Kirche. In 1890, three bells were purchased for the new bell tower, which are still rung today. Next to the church is a pioneer cemetery.
CURRENT NEWS: We have renovated our exhibits in the Christ Church of Local History. Our founder and director of 30 years, Irene Blau, retired in 2009. In honor of her dedication of our history preservation, her portrait and biography is on permanent display in the museum.
Built 1862 - On National Register of Historic Places
Replaced Log Church (1852)
Remodeled in 1910-1915
Stained Glass Windows:
Hand Painted Originals
4 Center Paintings - Parable of the Seed, Birds' Feed, Stones, Weeds, Good Land
4 Others - Scenes from the Bible
Christ Church was restored in 2011-2012